Sunday, August 3, 2014

Hunt for a new place!



I'm moving. 
I'm moving to Augsburg. This is where I'm going to study Design for three and a half years, starting october. I'm super excited. I've lived in a flat in Munich once, so it isn't the first time moving out from home. But it feels like it. 
The place in Munich was just temporarily and it also was quite close to where my hometown is, so I could visit my Mom and family regular. Well yeah, I know Augsburg isn't that far away from Munich either. 
But still, it's quite a big move for me and I am very very excited. After getting an overview where the hot spots in Augsburg are plus getting to know the areas of the city a little better, I made a few appointments to view some flats. 

I wanted to do house-sharing. It's way more affordable. In addition to that I don't know anyone in Augsburg, this would be a great opportunity to get to know a few people and preferably make friends!

 As some of you may know, I am not the type of human, which is very outgoing. I always feel a little awkward around new people. Not sure if it is only me who feels this way? I recently started trying to put myself into situations which are a little daring to me (I know looking for a flat may not seem such a huge deal to some of you, but to me it is like a little adventure on its own) - so I made three appointments, met a lot of new lovely and friendly people and the picture of me living in a new place is getting clearer and clearer. I've already said it, but I love saying it again. 

Try out new. 

Today again proved to try new things, do what you are afraid of and after it you'll be happier, and a lot less self-conscious, because you achieved something. Be brave! :)Well after that little speech, here I am again in my bed with a notebook on my lap. Feeling verrryyy exhausted… Talking an meeting that many people, on who you try to make a good impression is really dragging out the energy of me. 
Do you sometimes feel the same?

 This suddenly makes me think of the personality test, a youtuber called 'Catrific' made a video made about. It tells you if you are an extrovert or an introvert. This apparently depends on how you react around other human beings. If it drains you or if you feel more energized being around people. This is the link to the video if you are interested in finding out more about your personality: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odoVQ7xgois


If anyone wants to move to Germany or is german and wants to move to another city here are a few websites I found very helpful:


https://www.wg-gesucht.de/

Probably the most helpful one out of all. Especially if you are looking for a place to share with other students or people in your age. Here you can also create an advert yourself if you aren't only on the hunt for a flat, but even if you are on the other side, trying to sell or find a lodger. This is the place to go!




http://www.studenten-wg.de/

A great alternative for wg-gesucht.de It's pretty much the same but only for students. 





http://www.immobilienscout24.de/

Good for when you are looking for a place on your own.
I really enjoyed today. And am very very curious where I'll end up to live. I will definitely let you know! Also if you are on the hunt for a new place, thinking about moving etc... I would love to hear about your experiences and thoughts. Let me know in the comments. I'm looking forward to them :)For now, good night, sleep well and see you very soon! 
Tatjana 


No comments:

Post a Comment